All videos uploaded to countCLOUD must be accompanied by a labelled screenshot. This screenshot notifies our team how to process your count with respect to approach directions. No modifications or alterations will be made to the screenshot once received and we will process the video based upon the directions provided. Please double check all screenshot for accuracy as mistakes may impact the video processing results.
We recommend using the Snipping Tool function if you are a Windows computer. To complete this process:
- Type "Snipping Tool" into your computer search bar and select SNIPPING TOOL.
- Open the video to process and jump ahead to a period where the intersection or roadway can be clearly seen (avoid snipping images at nighttime where approaches are difficult to see).
- Click back into the SNIPPING TOOL and click NEW in the top left corner of the program. this will allow you to drag a square over the video image creating a screenshot.
- Once the screenshot is created use the pen function, provided in the Snipping Tool, to label your approaches and apply a north arrow.
- The approach lane information in the count sheet should be based on the approach direction as vehicles enter the intersection. Therefore the “NB” approach will be placed on the southern leg of the intersection, the “SB” approach on the northern leg, the “EB” approach on the western leg, and the “WB” approach on the eastern leg. The image below shows an example of a correctly completed screenshot.
- Click FILE then SAVE AS to save your labelled screenshot