The countCAM3+ provides five recording quality selection that can be picked using the dropdown menu on the main countCAM3 Dashboard page. These include:
- 10fps, Low Quality – 480x360 at 10 frames per second
- 10fps, Balanced – 640x480 at 10 frames per second
- 25fps, Balanced – 640x480 at 25 frames per second
- 10fps, HD - 1296x972 at 10 frames per second
- 25fps, HD - 1296x972 at 25 frames per second
We recommend defaulting to the 10fps, Balanced quality, as this provides video qualities similar to the countCAM2 with small file sizes. The 25fps, Balanced quality options generate roughly 2.5 times larger files than the 10fps option without noticeable improvement in video quality.
To reduce file sizes, use Low Quality on small intersections or point count locations. This will result in faster download and transfer speeds and save space on your computer.
Only use the HD resolution for short recordings of up to two hours as they generate enormous file sizes (up to 25x larger than balanced). Longer HD recordings can cause the recording process to crash irretrievably.